Registered Care Manager - Barnet
- Already have / or are willing to work towards a Level Five Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent)
- You will need to have had proven experience of supervising and line managing staff, as well as experience of managing misconduct, grievance and performance issues.
- Willing to work towards BSL level one or comparable sign vocabulary.
- Substantial experience of providing support including personal care.
- Positive, with a can-do attitude.
- Passionate about enhancing other people’s lives.
- Providing line management support to a team of staff.
- Identify needs and outcomes for each individual we support.
- Deliver services that meet or exceed Sense’s legal and organisational standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- 24 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%.
- Free life assurance policy.
- Cashback and discounts on high street brands (and 10% off at Sense charity shops!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Travel season ticket loans.
- Enhanced sick pay.
- Free DBS check if your role needs one.
- A £350 refer-a-friend scheme.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Free access to over 100 online and face-to-face training courses, including the care certificate.
- Ongoing development opportunities (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme).
Reference number: 48124
Title: Registered Care Manager - Barnet
Location: Barnet, Hertfordshire
Salary: £37,019 (Inclusion of London Allowance)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Thursday 18 August 2022
Interview date: tbc
Contract type: Permanent
Looking for a new challenge?
Work with Sense, and make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their families.
Here in Barnet we are looking for our New Registered Care Manager, This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week, offering £37,019 (Inclusion of London Allowance).
You will be responsible for our Supported Living service in Barnet, a short walking distance from the local high street and its public transport network.
We support 17 adults who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities. We are a large site and require a Registered Care Manager who will be dedicated to the people we support and able to provide a high level of management skills to our fantastic service!
As the Manager of our service, you will provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments and/or learning disabilities. You will effectively manage a team to deliver person centred, specialist services that meet organisational standards and expectations.
We’re looking for enthusiastic applicants who:
Here at Barnet we support people with complex disabilities to live the life they choose. Your priority will be empowering the people you support to live an independent life.
No two days will be the same
This role in Barnet might include:
Everyone we support in Barnet an individual, so their care is as unique as they are. You can see a more detailed description of duties in the job description attached at the bottom of this advert.
Why work for Sense?
Sense is a national disability charity supporting everyone who is deafblind or has complex disabilities. We believe everyone should be able to take part in life, no matter their disability.
Our work empowers thousands of people who are deafblind or have complex disabilities to communicate, experience the world and fulfill their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Ready to make a difference?
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
manager - care manager - rcm - registered care manager - deputy - deputy manager - deputy care manager - registered deputy care manager - healthcare manager - social care manager - medical and health
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines