Cleaner - Care Service - 18 hours
- To provide the highest standards of cleanliness
- To maintain a hygienic and tidy standard of cleanliness by vacuuming, dusting/wiping, polishing, emptying bins and disinfecting toilets and sinks etc as necessary.
- To ensure adequate levels of cleaning materials, toilet rolls etc are maintained by refilling dispensers and informing personnel responsible for ordering when required.
- As required to clean all internal windows, skirting boards, windowsills, guide rails etc.
- To maintain a safe environment at all times.
- To comply with Health & Safety regulations.
- To ensure that all materials are stored appropriately.
- To report any broken/damaged equipment and maintenance issues to the appropriate person.
- To ensure the premises safety & security is maintained.
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of the post
- To be able to work to a daily schedule
- Able to carry out cleaning tasks to a high standard.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to take and follow instructions.
- A positive attitude towards people with disabilities.
- To work flexibly
Reference number: 48109
Title: Cleaner - Care Service - 18 hours
Salary: £9.66 per hour
Hours: 18 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 10 August 2022
Interview date: tbc
Contract type: Permanent
Cleaner Role at Sense
Sense Carrickerfgus is currently recruiting for a Cleaner to join our team. This is a part time role working 18 hours per week, looking for an individual who can provide domestic support to our Sense service.
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines