Registered Care Manager - Residential Service (Level 3)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals/groups within their home and community reach their full potential
- Providing line management support to a team of staff.
- To provide a customised, responsive, and high-quality service to people with learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- Identify needs and outcomes for each individual we support.
- Deliver services that meet or exceed Sense’s legal and organisational standards.
- Full job specification is attached below
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- Management experience in health & social care is essential.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care - or willing to work towards it is essential.
- Effective communication with stakeholders, commissioners, and users alike is essential.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable but not essential ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 48104
Title: Registered Care Manager - Residential Service (Level 3)
Location: Edgbaston, Birmingham
Salary: £29,626 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 21 August 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be our Registered Care Manager?
We have a fantastic Registered Care Manager (RCM) opportunity within our Sense service in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. We are offering a Registered Care Manager in Edgbaston £29,626 per annum.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the management team as a Registered Care Manager in Edgbaston.
This is a 24/7 residential service that supports 7 adults who are deafblind and have high complex needs aged between 18-65.
The individuals lead full and active lives and attend activities such as ice skating, horse riding, rock climbing, shopping, day trips, holidays and much more.
As a Registered Care Manager, you will be managing a staff team of approximately 25 staff with the support of 2 Deputy Managers. The Deputy Managers complete a combination of hands-on support and managerial tasks as part of their role.
Your shifts pattern will consist of working 5 days per week including weekends. You may also be required to do sleep ins as part of your role and on call duties.
The team at the service encourage that no one is left out of life and that independence is continually developed along with day to day living skills.
For more information or an informal conversation please contact Julia Knight on 07710745316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
care - support - healthcare - social care - medical - nursing - care assistant - homecare - supported living - part time - full time - domiciliary care - hospitality - retail - sales - admin - administrator - executive assistant - career - carer - customer support - customer assistant - career gap - stay home parent - full time parent - food production - food preparation & service - management - cleaning & sanitation - loading & stocking - factory - production line - manufacturing operator - operative - operator - assembler - technician
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines