Deputy Care Manager - Residential Service (Level 1)
- Supervision and development of staff teams
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Ensure that team meetings are carried out monthly
- Ensure that the people we support are at the centre of every decision we make and encourage them to participate in any way that they can.
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- You will assist the manager in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- A full manual UK license and the willingness to drive our company vehicle is desirable.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is beneficial ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You must have previous experience in the management of services and understand the legislation and requirements that governs us from CQC.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 48101
Title: Deputy Care Manager - Residential Service (Level 1)
Location: Edgbaston, Birmingham
Salary: £22,131 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 21 August 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Deputy Care Manager?
Sense are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our fantastic team as a Deputy Care Manager at our service in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
This is a Permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. As a Deputy Care Manager you will receive £22,131 per annum.
At our residential service in Edgbaston we support 7 individuals with with sensory and learning disabilities.
This is an opportunity for you to work alongside the Registered Care Manager to help run the home.
As a Deputy Care Manager you will provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments and/or learning disabilities. You will be a frontline supervisor, supporting the manager to effectively manage a team of staff to deliver person centred, specialist services.
You will need to have a sound knowledge of person centred planning, rota planning and staff management/development. We would like to hear from you if you are a committed, flexible and enthusiastic team player who is able to coach and mentor a team of support workers. You will be IT literate and able to undertake some administration duties.
Other skills required;
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
care - support - healthcare - social care - medical - nursing - care assistant - homecare - supported living - part time - full time - domiciliary care - hospitality - retail - sales - admin - administrator - executive assistant - career - carer - customer support - customer assistant - career gap - stay home parent - full time parent - food production - food preparation & service - management - cleaning & sanitation - loading & stocking - factory - production line - manufacturing operator - operative - operator - assembler - technician
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines