Support Worker - Part/Full Time hours available (Residential Care)
- Parnwell, Peterborough PE1 4XZ
- Paton, Peterborough PE4 7PY
- Orton Longueville, Peterborough PE2 7DH
- Free on-site parking for some services
- An opportunity to learn/develop your BSL at the services we support individuals with a hearing impairment
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Due to the location of the service, you must make sure that you will be able to commute there in time for your shift.
- A full manual UK license and must be willingness to drive is desirable but not essential.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficulties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 48041
Title: Support Worker - Part/Full Time hours available (Residential Care)
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 7 August 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?.
It is an exciting time at Sense as we develop our services in Peterborough. We are now recruiting Support Workers to join our friendly well-established teams in our Peterborough residential services.
Roles are permanent, with contracts available from 7.5 to 37.5 hours per week. We are offering Support Workers in Peterborough £9.75 per hour/£19,013 per annum FTE.
Our services are personalised to the individuals that live in them and the people that provide the support. We want to ensure those that provide their support feel the same way about activities and life as they do. So as part of the process we will discuss your suitability / availability and together we will decide on the best service for you.
All of our services are rated good or outstanding by CQC
We support between 9-11 individuals in each of our homes. Each individual is provided with care and support tailored to their individual needs, be that complex communication needs, physical health conditions, multi-sensory impairments.
Care is provided around the clock. We take particular pride in the range of activities and wellbeing events we provide. You will often find yourself out on day trips, or activities such as walks in the park or Hydro sessions at the pool. Visiting the local café or pub for social events.
We are flexible in our shifts and contractual hours (7.5 – 37.5 hours per week) depending on the service, but on average our shifts start around 07.00am and latest start around 02.00pm. This will be discussed with you at interview.
Our services are based at the following locations:
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
care - support - healthcare - social care - medical - nursing - care assistant - homecare - supported living - part time - full time - domiciliary care - hospitality - retail - sales - admin - administrator - executive assistant - career - carer - customer support - customer assistant - career gap - stay home parent - full time parent - food production - food preparation & service - management - cleaning & sanitation - loading & stocking - factory - production line - manufacturing operator - operative - operator - assembler - technician
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines