Female Support Worker - Variety of hours available
- Fulltime & Partime positions avilable to suit you
- One to One support - report building role
- Great step into the care sector - career building
- Flexible working hours to suit applicants needs
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme £350
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support an individual in the service and community
- Minimum of one sleep in shift per week
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- A valid UK driving license is beneficial for this role but not essential.
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial to communicate with the indivdual.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 48026
Title: Female Support Worker - Variety of hours available
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: Up to 37 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 10 August 2022
Interview date: TBC
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Female Sense Support worker?
Sense have a fantastic opportunity for a Female support worker, to join our bespoke supported living service in Poole Dorset, this is a permenant role with both Part time / Full time / weekend positions available from 8 - 37 hours per week, depending on your availability / suitability. We offer a people centered approach, so our shifts are worked around the individual and will vary. This is a fanatastic role to develop yourself within the care sector, and create a strong report on a 1-1 basis with the individual you will support.
For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
You will be supporting one individual in their own home, who is supported 24 hours a day with a variety of staffing combinations, the role will for this reason include a sleep-in shift with a mixture of day and evening shifts as we provide support between 7am - 10pm. The individual is confident and enthusiastic about going out in the community where they need to be supported on a 2 to 1 basis. We are passionate about supporting adults with complex needs, including Deafblindness, sensory losses and learning disabilities, and with the right values and behaviours you can become an amazing Support Worker as part of our CQC 'Outstanding' service – Does this sound like you?
Together we will make the day to day the best it can possibly be for both you and the individual you will support. The person you will support likes to try new things and access lots of community facilities where possible, you will need to come up with ideas and solutions to make the most out of every day.They also have their own vehicle which you can use to help access activities, so a valid UK driving license would be beneficial for this role but is not essential.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment, generous leave arrangements and employee benefits and access to a pension scheme?
You do not need any existing experience in this field for the position so if you are interetsed we would love to hear from you!
Does this sound right for you?
Female Sense Support Worker, Poole Dorset, Benefits:
Female Sense Support Worker, Duties:
Female Sense Support Worker, Poole Dorset, Desired Experience:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
#high care - support - healthcare - social care - medical - nursing - care assistant - homecare - supported living - part time - full time - domiciliary care - hospitality - retail - sales - admin - administrator - executive assistant - career - carer - customer support - customer assistant - career gap - stay home parent - full time parent - food production - food preparation & service - management - cleaning & sanitation - loading & stocking - factory - production line - manufacturing operator - operative - operator - assembler - technician - supportworker supportworker supportworker supportworker supportworker supportworker
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation