Deputy Care Manager (Residential Care)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals/groups within their home and community reach their full potential
- Providing line management support to a team of staff.
- To provide a customised, responsive, and high-quality service to people with learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- Identify needs and outcomes for each individual we support.
- Deliver services that meet or exceed Sense’s legal and organisational standards.
- Full job specification is attached below
- A full manual UK Driving License and willingness/able to drive is essential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels from stakeholders to the Head of Operations, and in a variety of platforms is essential.
- Knowledge of Systems experience/policies/processes is essential.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- Line manager experience in a care role is desirable.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 48010
Title: Deputy Care Manager (Residential Care)
Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Salary: £22,131 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 7 August 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be our Deputy Care Manager?.
We have a fantastic Deputy Care Manager (RCM) opportunity within our Sense service in Malvern, Worcestershire.
This is a Permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. A Deputy Care Manager role in Malvern receives £22,131 per annum.
This is a new opportunity to support the Registered Care Manager and current Deputy Manager to grow the management team.
You will join our fantastic team at our 7 bedded residential home, where we support younger and older adults who have communication difficulties.
Set at the foot of the beautiful Malvern Hills, there are some lovely walks and picnic areas that we like to use. We are an active bunch, and we enjoy being out and about. We go cycling, horse riding, to hydro and music sessions, to cinemas and theatres and pubs. We enjoy holidays away, visits to and from family and day trips out all over the place.
As a Deputy Care Manager, your role will be divided into 2 parts; supporting on shift and office based. There is an element of line management responsibility such as staff supervisions, and also mentoring when on shift.
Special attention will be paid to facilitating and monitoring personalised active support and the creation of a continuous learning environments that will seek to maximise the potential of each person we support.
Does this grab your interest? If so...
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: http://https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
care - support - healthcare - social care - medical - nursing - care assistant - homecare - supported living - part time - full time - domiciliary care - hospitality - retail - sales - admin - administrator - executive assistant - career - carer - customer support - customer assistant - career gap - stay home parent - full time parent - food production - food preparation & service - management - cleaning & sanitation - loading & stocking - factory - production line - manufacturing operator - operative - operator - assembler - technician
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines