Education Transitions Advisor
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Supporting the Transitions, Referrals and Admissions Manager with coordinating admissions
- Engaging and working alongside learners and their families by providing Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
- Supporting education staff to undertake learner’s initial assessments
- Developing links and relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Promoting the college through recruitment events, marketing opportunities and transition roadshows
- Participating in a wide range of CPD activities and networking events
- Supporting the Transitions team to keep accurate records and up to date documentation
- A full UK drivers licence is required for the role
- Educated and skills at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy as a minimum
- Good IT skills, with experience in using online meeting platforms and Microsoft Office
- A commitment to undertake Continuous Professional Development as appropriate to role
- Has a thorough knowledge of the Children’s and Families Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47986
Title: Education Transitions Advisor
Salary: £24,044 pro rata 40wk PA
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 7 August 2022
Interview date: TBC 17th August 2022
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be our new Education Transitions Advisor ?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy and we now have an opportunity for an Education Transitions Advisor to join our Sense College (East) which covers eight sites, although the role will be based from our Peterborough office.
This role is permanent role working 37.5 hours per week, term time only – working 40 weeks per year.
This is an exciting role working in Sense Specialist College (East), supporting the transition of young people along their journey into adulthood through the college programmes. The successful candidate should have experience of working in an education setting and providing impartial Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG).
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines