Talent Acquisition Lead
- Supervise the activity of Talent Acquisition Coordinators to ensure we are providing an effective service in the hiring of talent for Sense
- Drafting job descriptions/adverts with hiring managers through to researching and headhunting prospective candidates, advertising roles on relevant channels, screening, and shortlisting CVs
- Focusing on attraction strategies to encourage a more diverse talent pool
- Ensuring a positive experience for hiring managers and candidates through every step of the recruitment process, suggesting, and implementing improvements as necessary
- Maintaining and driving our employer brand through relevant communications using a wide range of channels including LinkedIn Recruiter
- Deliver timely and accurate recruitment data and MI relating to all hiring activity
- Excellent organisational, written, and oral communication skills, with attention to detail
- Operate at a fast pace and manage fluctuating demands, working collaboratively to achieve goals
- Demonstrate the ability of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Confident advising managers on all aspects of recruitment
- Ensuring a consistent, fair and inclusive candidate experience for every candidate
- Demonstrate a proven track record developing &, cultivating influential partnerships with hiring managers
Reference number: 47976
Title: Talent Acquisition Lead
Salary: £33,929 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 21 August 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
As our new Talent Acquisition Lead you will have the opportunity to truly make a difference! Sense believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
This exciting and challenging opportunity is ideal for someone who is comfortable recruiting across multiple departments and disciplines, preferably with in-house recruitment experience.
Your impact in this role will be far reaching - you will be responsible for finding great talent.
From ensuring that every single potential employee has the very best candidate experience from the start of their journey to onboarding, ensuring that our hiring managers are empowered and partnering, with the entire employee journey being connected and cohesive at every step of the way.
The successful candidate will work flexibly from home and our TouchBase Pears Centre in Selly Oak, Birmingham. This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week
You will be part of the People Team at Sense, we exist to support all our employees at every stage of their journey with us. We provide strategic lead on people management, learning and development, internal communications and engagement at Sense. We aim to enable the organisation to have the right culture, capacity and capability to achieve its purpose.
Please note: we will be speaking to and interviewing candidates throughout the advertised period; to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
For the full job description and person specification please see links below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines