Community Support Worker - Devon - 24 hours per week
- Earn points which make money by joining Care Friends and sharing job opportunities within Sense.
- Be part of a team striving for outstanding support and maintaining our CQC ratig f overall Outstanding and the people we support living ordinary lives, achieving incredible things.
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme £350
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within their home and the community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Right to work in the UK
- You require a full manual UK license and must have access to your own vehicle to provide transport to the people we support
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is beneficial ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47677
Title: Community Support Worker - Devon - 24 hours per week
Salary: £10.15 per hour
Hours: 24 hours per week
Closing date: Thursday 21 July 2022
Interview date: tbc
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker / intervenor?
A fanatstic opportunitiy for a Community Support Worker / Intevrenor to join us in Exeter at the community services. This role is working 24 hours per week, you will be providing support to peope living in the Devon Area to access the community and live the life they choose.
As an Intervenor or Community Support Worker you will be supporting people to access the community with a range of activities of their choice, to have an exciting, fulfilled, and fun day. You may support with swimming, long walks, work placements, picnics, train and/or bus journeys, art sessions, cinema, meeting friends or appointments. The adults Sense support within this service have a sensory impairment single or dual, all have a learning disability. The base is peoples own homes, the community and/or Providence Court.
Quote from Staff - " Induction is really varied and interesting I really enjoyed today and learned so much. Really looking forward to tomorrow. You will have a full induction alongside skilled and knowledgeable team members and the people we support with weekly check-ins with your manager for at least the 1st 4 weeks of your employment, your feedback and input matters to us.
The hours are mainly delivered weekdays 9am – 5pm, however we are flexible in our approach to support so this may include some evening and/or weekend working, if you did work a weekend this would be alternated, you will know your Rota in advance.
Please call me to discuss hours: Rachael Robb 07557026913.
Community Support Worker, Exeter, Benefits:
Community Support Worker, Exeter, Duties:
Community Support Worker, Exeter, Desired Experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
care - support - social work - healthcare - domicilary - home to home care - care service - supported living - assisted living - part time - full time - fixed term - no experience required
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines