Support Worker - Part Time
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47666
Title: Support Worker - Part Time
Location: Spalding, Lincolnshire
Salary: £9.75 per hour (additional sleep-in allowance)
Hours: 25 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 17 July 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
Sense are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our fantastic team as a Support Worker at our Residential Service in Spalding, Lincolnshire.
This is a permanent role, working 25 hours per week. We are offering Support Worker in Spalding £9.75 per hour. Additional £50 Sleep-In allowance available at this service and this can be discussed during the interview.
As a Support Worker, you will be working in a service where we support 5 individuals in the rural location of Quadring, Lincolnshire. It offers staff and the people we support Person centred approach whereby everyone’s values and beliefs are taken into consideration.
The supported individuals lead full and active lifestyles and enjoy accessing the local community and engaging in a range of activities such as swimming, camping, gardening and arts and crafts.
This role is based in one of our dual managed services therefore there is an expectation that staff may be required to work both in our Spalding and Quadring services.
The shift patterns for this role are mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. Waking Nights allowance is an additional 50p per hour.
Our service in Quadring is in a rural location so any applicants will need to ensure that they can travel to the service.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community –care assistant – residential care- care worker- Spalding
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines