Community Support Worker / Child Intervenor - One to one
- Buntingfrod - 4hrs per week 2x2 hrs sessions after school
- Hemel Hempstaed – 2hrs per week
- Welwyn Garden City -6 hrs per week (4hrs weekend and 2hrs after school)
- Welwyn Garden city - 4hrs per week
- Abbots Langley - 2 hrs per week
- Hatfield - 4 hrs per week
- Part time Hours - Up to 22 hours (option to pick up further hours if wanted)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme £350
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- To support individuals within their homes and in the community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- It is essential for you to have a full UK license with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47588
Title: Community Support Worker / Child Intervenor - One to one
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Salary: £11.18 per hour (Inclusive of London Allowance)
Hours: up to 22 hours per week
Closing date: Thursday 7 July 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker / Intervenor?
Sense have an exciting opportunity for a support worker / Intervenor to join us in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. Sense are offering an intervenor £11.18 per hour (Inclusive of Outer London Allowance) Could this be your first role within the care sector? We will provide you with the training to become a fantastic Intervenor.
As an Intervenor you will provide support for a child, the individual’s families and siblings; this is through providing respite, advice and knowledge to guide them through the challenges and developments they might experience. Having an Intervenor allows families to have a break and feel safe in the knowledge that their family member is being supported in an appropriate and caring way.
Your role is to ensure these individuals experience the life they choose to. By promoting their personal and social development, encouraging independence, and supporting their communication.
Within this post you will provide support anywhere from 6 hours up to 22 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working on a 1:1 basis, supporting a child who requires support every weekend for 4hrs. They are also looking for support for 2hrs after school, during the weekdays. You might look to have part of these hours on or alternate which we will be happy to discuss with you! You will support the individual and enable them to enjoy play and learn, through the development of everyday skills such as turn-taking and gaining independence in new environments.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as Full specialised training will be provided!
Further Hertfordshire Community Roles Available:
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City, Benefits:
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City Duties:
Community Support Worker / Intervenor, Welwyn Garden City Desired Experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
Healthcare – Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community – part time – full time – care assistant
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation