Support Worker - Part Time
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- A full UK license and the willingness to drive is desirable.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47584
Title: Support Worker - Part Time
Location: Holbeach, Lincolnshire
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: 18 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 10 July 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
We now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our fantastic service in Holbeach, Lincolnshire.
This is a permanent, role working 18 hours per week at our CQC Good rated Supported Living Service.
As a Support Worker you will be supporting individuals with varying needs with personal care needs, medication administration, dealing with challenging behaviour, and using sign language/BSL when required.
The individuals we support are an active bunch and like to take part in activities such as horse riding once a week, swimming, bowling, personal food shopping, visiting family and friends and accessing a day service.
The shift patterns are as follows: 7:00am-4:00pm, 9:00am-6:00pm or 4:00pm-10:00pm. The weekend shift timings are 7:00am-2:30pm and 2:30pm-10:00pm.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community –care assistant – residential care- care worker
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines