Team Leader - Social Care (Day Centre)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Support the Day Service Manager and Deputy Managers in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- You will assist the managers in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team
- Full job specification is attached below.
- A full UK driving license and the willingness to drive is desirable.
- Experience of working in a care support setting is essential.
- Previous experience as a team leader/line management in a similar setting is desirable.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47439
Title: Team Leader - Social Care (Day Centre)
Salary: £21,048 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 12 June 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Team Leader?
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Sense Centre in Pinchbeck, Spalding.
This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. A Team Leader at Spalding receives £21,048 per annum.
Sense Centre Pinchbeck is a day service supporting individuals with a wide spectrum of complex needs including autism, physical disabilities, sensory loss, communication needs and challenging behaviours. The centre has set closure periods throughout the year during which staff are expected to take the majority of their annual leave, details of these dates are available on request.
As a Social Care Team Leader, you will support a team of Support Workers and Manager/Deputy Manager and provide leadership for the people at the Day Centre in the absence of the manager/deputy manager.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. Before applying please read the full job description and person specification.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
#Healthcare – Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community – part time – full time – care assistant – residential care
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines