Community Support Worker (Communicator Guide)
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with the individuals support plan.
- To enable individuals we support to influence their services and the way they are supported.
- To Listen to individuals and act on what is important to them.
- To use information to contribute to developing person-centred plans.
- To provide opportunities for the individual to make choices and decisions.
- To support the individual to take part in the running of their own home.
- To support people to speak up for themselves, and/or advocate on their behalf.
- To listen and respond to the individual’s needs.
- To promote and support people to take part in enjoyable, satisfying and purposeful activities
- To support the individual to access the community, learn new skills and maximise independence.
- To support the individual with health and well-being appointments, provide practical support with everyday tasks such as shopping, dealing with mail, attending medical appointments, accessing a variety of computer applications such as What’s App and support with assistive technology to improve/ maintain independence within the home and community.
- You may be required to work on evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Full training
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays (pro rata); increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- £350 Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Reference number: 47412
Title: Community Support Worker (Communicator Guide)
Location: Carmarthenshire, Llandysul
Hours: 10 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 10 June 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Communicator Guide?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our amazing team in our Community Service in Carmarthenshire.
This is a permanent position working 10 hours per week with a potential to increase if suitable. Usual working hours are between 10am-4pm Monday to Friday with occassional weekends.
The South Wales Community Guide service is an established service, providing valuable support to over 40 clients with sensory impairments to maintain independence and carry out activities that are important to them.
As a Communicator Guide, you will provide a high quality, reliable support service, personalised to suit the individual. You will also promote independence, choice and enhance inclusion within the community.
The individual you will support is in his 60's with vision and hearing impairment, living independently and would like support on a 1:1 basis to visit cafes, shopping and attend social groups.
What we need from you…
Enthusiasm, willingness to learn new skills and the passion and drive to make a real difference to someone’s life. We do ask that you embrace our beliefs, values and 'I' statements, all of which can be found on our website.
A valid UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle is essential in order to support the individual maintain independance.
In return we will offer you…
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
adult - intervenor - healthcare - support - care assistant - medical - nursing - full time - permanent - Support worker – care assistant – social care – residential care – home to home care – dom care – domiciliary – part time – full time – health and medical – healthcare – health and social – entry level – no experience required – supported living – charity – non-profit – volunteer – community - personal care - supported living - care home - communicator guide
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines