Female Support Worker- Full Time (Driver required)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable. ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47408
Title: Female Support Worker- Full Time (Driver required)
Location: Selly Park, Birmingham
Salary: £19,013 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 12 June 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
Sense are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our fantastic team as a Support Worker at our 6-bedded Supported Living service in Selly Park, Birmingham.
This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. We are offering Support Workers in Selly Park £19,013 per annum.
We are passionate about supporting individuals with complex needs, including mobility impairment, learning disabilities and sensory losses.
Care is provided around the clock. We take particular pride in the range of activities and wellbeing events we provide. You will often find yourself out on day trips, or activities such as shopping, going on walks, assisting them on public transport, ice skating, swimming and rock climbing or Visiting the local café or pub for social events.
You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
The shift timings at this service are as follows: 7:30am-3pm and 2:30pm-10pm.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community –care assistant – residential care- care worker- selly park- selly oak
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines