Deputy Care Manager
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- You will assist the manager in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable ( BSL / Makaton etc.) as you will be supporting individuals and staff who are deaf.
- You must hold or be willing to complete a care certificate.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47397
Title: Deputy Care Manager
Location: Dereham, Norfolk
Salary: £23,510 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 29 May 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Deputy Care Manager?
It's an exciting time at Sense, we now have an opportunity for a dedicated Deputy Care Manager to work in our services in the Toftwood area, Dereham.
This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week. A Deputy Manager at Dereham will receive £23,510 per annum.
As a Deputy Care Manager, you will be supporting the Registered Care Manager in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service. You will be working with a team in a shared Supported Living service and two independent flats.
At these services, we support individuals with complex communication needs and associated disabilities. You will actively promote independence, and support with health, wellbeing and personal care needs within a person centred environment.
Special attention will be given facilitating and monitoring personalised active support and the creation of a continuous learning environment that will seek to maximise the potential of each person we support.
You will contribute towards ensuring the service is compliant to CQC regulated standards.
The role is a mixture of office based and hands-on working, and will require working various hours on a four weekly rota basis (including evenings and weekends). There will be times when lone working is required.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: http://https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
Deputy Care Manager- Registrered Care Manager- Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community –care assistant – residential care- care worker- dereham
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines