Support Worker - Full time / Part time available
- Part time & Full time available
- Supportive work environment
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- A full UK driving licence is beneficial to aid with days out/trips etc.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47347
Title: Support Worker - Full time / Part time available
Location: Margate, Kent
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: Flexible up to 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 31 May 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Worker to join our service in Margate Kent. This is a permanent post, working within a flexible team where we are able to offer you contracts to suit your availability, such as weekends only, small hour contracts or contracts of upto 37.5 hours per week. Sense are offering a Support Worker in Margate, £9.75 per hour.
You will be supporting 2 individuals in their home. This includes supporting with everyday living, cooking, cleaning, personal care, finances, medication, working, shopping and trips. The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as full specialised training will be provided!
Does this sound right for you?
Support Worker, Margate kent, Benefits:
Support Worker, Margate kent, Duties:
Support Worker, Margate kent, Desired Experience:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
#High Healthcare – Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community – part time – full time – care assistant – residential care
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation