Support Worker - Part time / Full time available
- Full time & Part time positions available to suit you
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
- This role is in Supported Living so it will support a candidate who can work with minimum supervision.
- It is desirable that you have experience in supporting another person either in a professional role or as an expert by experience, voluntary roles, supporting a family member or a friend.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 47343
Title: Support Worker - Part time / Full time available
Location: Havant, Hampshire
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: upto 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 30 May 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense as we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our service in Havant, Hampshire. This is a permanant role, with contracts available upto 37.5 hours per week. Offering an hourly rate of £9.75. A great step into the care sector, where specialised training will all be provided to you!
You will join our fantastic team here at Havant where you will be supported and able to grow and develop within your role. The team you will join supports a young adult who is Deafblind, the young adult lives in their own supported living home with support provided 24/7, you’ll support with access to community facilities amongst many others, for this reason You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive.
This is a bespoke service that will be developing with support from family and a team of professionals, where total communication is used. This role really gives you an opportunity to develop new or use existing skills. The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Are you looking for an incredibly rewarding and valuable job role, where you can receive great training and development, a supportive work environment?
You do not need any existing experience as full specialised training will be provided!
Does this sound right for you?
Support Worker, Havant, Hampshire Benefits:
Support Worker, Havant, Hampshire Duties:
Support Worker, Havant, Hampshire Desired Exeperience:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/
Healthcare – Social care – Support work – Children – Adults – Disabilities – Nursing – medical – Communicator – BSL - multi sensory impairments - learning difficulties – community – part time – full time – care assistant
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation