Relief Support Worker - Supported living
- £9.75 per hour
- Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
- The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Free DBS Check
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Employee referral scheme £350
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the service
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards
- Full job specification is attached below
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial to be able to communicate on a basic level with the individuals we support
- Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends and evenings, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
- Full person specification is attached below
Reference number: 47059
Title: Relief Support Worker - Supported living
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Closing date: Ongoing
Interview date: TBC
Contract type: Casual
Our relief teams change people’s lives – could you?
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team as a Relief Support Worker based in Stockport. Our casual arrangements are very flexible and can fit around your life. We are looking for people with a wide range of availability as we offer 24 hour support to individuals. We are offering a relief support worker £9.75 per hour.
Here in Stockport we are a supported living service, there will be a variety of shifts on offer including mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays. You will be supporting individuals to maximise their potential in a learning environment. As a Relief Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose, supporting individuals and encouraging them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills.
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same for you. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Does this sound like you?
Sense Relief Support Worker, Stockport Benefits:
Sense Relief Support Worker, Stockport, Duties:
Sense Relief Support Worker, Stockport, Desired Experience:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For this role we particularly welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented ethnic minority backgrounds and candidates with disabilities. Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. Everyone's contribution is valued and we ensure they're given the opportunity to realise their potential. We welcome applications from talented people from all sections of the community who share our values and belief that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/jobs/equality-diversity-and-inclusion-in-recruitment/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines