Community Support Worker / Communicator Guide
- Chorleywood -3hrs per week
- Watford - 2hrs per week
- Watford - 3hrs per week
- Stevenage -4hrs per week
- Hitchin -2hrs per week
- Letchworth Garden City -4hrs per week
- Broxbourne -4hrs per week
- Puckeridge - 2 hours per week
- Hoddesdon - 4 hrs per week
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- All roles require you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- Additional documentation is attached to explain further the requirements for each post
Reference number: 46690
Title: Community Support Worker / Communicator Guide
Salary: £10.29 per hour
Hours: 4 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 28 February 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker/ Communicator Guide?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a support worker to join our services in Hertfordshire.
This is a unique post working 4 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working in the Hertfordshire community with individuals with a range of differing needs and or requirements, individuals may need support during office hours in the week or ad hoc support on weekends.
This particular role is based in Hoddesdon, 4 hours per week, where the individual would like support to access the community to go shopping, attend medical appointments and run day to day errands. They also enjoy being out and about and enjoying leisure time at café and restaurants. They also need support with reading correspondences. A very intelligent individual with a great of sense of humour.
Below are the locations and hours we are looking for, one or more may be suitable for you to undertake, we will discuss this with you:
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation