Community Support Worker / Intervenor
- Buntingfrod -4hrs per week 2x2 hrs sessions after school
- Bishops Stortford – 4hrs per week –BSL required level 1
- Hemel Hempstaed – 2hrs per week
- Welwyn Garden City -2hrs per week –braille knowledge desirable
- Welwyn Garden City -6 hrs per week 4hrs weekend -2hrs after school
- Welwyn Garden city - 4hrs per week
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- All roles require you to hold a valid UK driving licence with the use of your own vehicle.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Some individuals communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) so is required for some roles.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- Additional documentation is attached to explain further the requirements for each post
Reference number: 46687
Title: Community Support Worker / Intervenor
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Salary: £10.98 per hour
Hours: 2 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 28 February 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker / Intervenor?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a support worker to join us as an Intervenor for our services in Hertfordshire.
This is a unique post working up to 22 hours per week depending on your suitability / availability. You will be working 1:1 in the community with individuals with a range of differing needs and or requirements. You will recieve specialist personalised training to become an Intervenor.
As an Intervenor you will provide support for children or adults, the individual’s families and siblings; this is through providing respite, specialist advice and knowledge to guide them through the challenges and developments experienced. Having an Intervenor allows families to have a break and feel safe in the knowledge that their family member is being supported in an appropriate and caring way by a trained member of staff.
For this role you will be supporting a child who would like the support of an Intervenor after school to support them to participate in activities such as swimming and trampolining and engage in developing their independence skills at home and in the community. If you are ready to have fun, we would like to hear from you particularly if you can travel to support in the area of Welwyn Garden City. Also if you have a knowledge of Braille
Below are the other locations and hours we are looking for, one or more may be suitable for you to undertake, we will discuss this with you:
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation