Copywriter and Content Producer
- Excellent written English: ability to write and edit compelling, accessible, and concise copy for different audiences, including people living with complex disabilities, supporters, professionals, partners and colleagues.
- Ability to spot a strong story lead and conduct interviews with a wide range of people for writing compelling stories.
- Strong proofreading skills and a great eye for detail.
- Ability to think creatively about content solutions to meet audience needs as well as organisational goals.
- Digitally literate and social media savvy, including excellent skills in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat and knowledge of all social platforms.
- Working knowledge of accessible communication and formats.
- Project management capability, including the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation, people living with complex disabilities and with external stakeholders.
- Professional and diplomatic approach with people at all levels, with the ability to challenge or push back when necessary.
- Experience of working in a content, creative, or digital team, either in-house or at an agency.
- A flair for producing good written content for different audiences, including people living with complex disabilities, supporters, professionals, partners, and colleagues.
- Demonstrable project management skills, with the ability to plan and deliver multiple parallel content projects to time, cost, quality and required accessible standards.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
Reference number: 46662
Title: Copywriter and Content Producer
Location: Birmingham or London
Salary: Circa £32,778 per annum (plus £3090 London allowance if applicable)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, full time
Closing date: Monday 24 January 2022
Interview date: W/C 31/01/2022
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense has a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our Engagement Team as the Copywriter and Content Producer. This full time role will work flexibly from home and our offices in either Birmingham or London.
The successful candidate will lead the content production within the brand and content team for a wide range of communication channels. Our ambitious new strategy has bold plans to reach and support more disabled people across the country. Writing and producing compelling content that leads to increased engagement is a key part in making this happen.
You will work closely with colleagues within the team, the wider Engagement team, and with internal stakeholders from around the organisation, to ensure effective production of relevant and engaging copy and content that works.
Skills and knowledge will include:
Achievements and experience:
Full role profile and person specification is attached below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to a DBS check; level dependant on the nature of the role.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines