Community Services Manager
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- You require a full manual UK license
- Providing line management support to a team of staff.
- Identify needs and outcomes for each individual we support.
- Deliver services that meet or exceed Sense’s legal and organisational standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You must be willing to work towards a Level Five Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), or be working towards an accredited award.
- You will need to have had proven experience of supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation, as well as experience of managing misconduct, grievance and performance issues.
- Willing to work towards BSL level one or comparable sign vocabulary.
- Substantial experience of providing support including personal care.
- Full person specification is attached below.
- About Sense
Reference number: 46658
Title: Community Services Manager
Location: North and Mid Wales
Salary: £23,510 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 25 January 2022
Interview date: Thursday 3 February 2022
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be our new Community Services Manager?
We now have an opportunity for a Community Services Manager to lead the team in North and Mid Wales.
This is a Permanent role working 37 hours per week. You will be managing managing 3 community services and 10 staff members.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support enjoy a wide variety of opportunities – such as swimming, dancing, drama and art. We encourage those we support to enjoy as much as possible to gain life skills and live full and active lives.
We want someone who is creative, energetic, solution focused and want to make a difference to the lives of the people we support. The person needs to be an inspiring leader who can build a great team and lead /manage change
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines