Principal - Sense College
- Supporting the Executive Principal in developing the strategic direction of Sense College Loughborough.
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Principal, Sense College Head of Performance Management and College Improvement (HOPCI) and Assistant Principals to ensure high quality college services are delivered within an ethos of continuous improvement.
- Leading and managing the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources to ensure Sense College Loughborough meets financial and growth targets whilst ensuring the college delivers innovative and effective services.
- Ensuring young people and adults accessing Sense College Loughborough receive excellent education, care and support during their time at college so they can achieve high quality positive outcomes in all aspects of their development.
- Supporting the Executive Principal in developing and maintaining relationships with key external professionals in the education field that offer Sense opportunities to further develop educational services.
- Working in collaboration with Sense colleagues and the college senior management team in the areas of innovation, marketing and growth, corporate quality and compliance team, supporting and developing excellence and innovation in working with people with complex needs.
- Contributing to the corporate leadership of Sense through actively contributing to the Sense Leadership team and sharing responsibility for overall organisational performance.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Reference number: 46623
Title: Principal - Sense College
Salary: £54,362 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 23 February 2022
Contract type: Permanent
About the role;
Sense College Loughborough (SCL) is seeking a new Principal due to the retirement of the current post holder in July 2021. We are a well established independent specialist college holding an Ofsted Good Grade 2 grading as of November 2019.
Students at the college participate in our vibrant, skills-based curriculum whilst some also take the opportunity to study at our partner, Loughborough College, with our specialist support. Our aim is to prepare people for as fulfilling an adult life as possible by maximising independence.
SCL was previously known as RNIB College Loughborough and was acquired by Sense, a national charity working with people with complex needs, in September 2020 and came within the Sense College structure at that time. Sense College is the overarching name for Sense College Loughborough and Sense College East (SCE) and each college has its own separate DfE and Ofsted registration.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we have commenced the process of developing a Sense College 2022-2025 strategy that will recognise and celebrate the differences between Sense College Loughborough and Sense College East, whilst bringing us together culturally, operationally and reflecting the views of all our stakeholders. SCL will be a key part of delivering the Sense 2021-2026 strategy through the work of SCL becoming part of the Sense Hub programme.
The successful applicant will report to the Executive Principal and will be a member of Sense College senior management team.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week and will be based at Sense College Loughborough.
First Stage Interviews: Wednesday 23 February 2022
Second Stage Interviews: Wednesday 2 March 2022
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines