Data and Information Officer
- To maintain and develop effective systems and processes for the efficient management of college data, collation and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and producing reports to support meetings and quality reviews as required and directed by HoPCI.
- To take on lead responsibilities for the day to day collation and maintenance of college data and information using the college’s tracking spreadsheets and also the management information systems (known as Databridge and ERIC), ensuring they are kept up to date and that they continue to meet the requirements of the college.
- To support the Head of Performance Management and College Improvement (HoPCI) and Sense College Finance Manager in handling college placement contracts, service level agreements and financial documentation to support college invoicing and budgeting processes.
- To work (including remotely) utilising various online meeting platforms, but with flexibility to attend centres (as permitted within government COVID guidance) to provide support and attend regional, local and further afield events for review and development opportunities, when required.
- Educated and skills at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy as a minimum
- Excellent IT skills, specifically in the use of Spreadsheets, Databases and other MS Office applications
- Experiencing of using databases and/or spreadsheets to record and extract data for manipulation and reporting.
- Experience of providing detailed, accurate and clear information (including the use of graphs, tables and embedded objects) and producing easy read reports.
- Experience of working in further education or a specialist college, and/or knowledge of education processes and reporting requirements
Reference number: 46599
Title: Data and Information Officer
Location: Peterborough and Hybrid Working
Salary: £28,244 per annum
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 9 February 2022
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense College East have an exciting opportunity for a Data and Information Officer following a review of our referrals and admissions team. This is a new role and we are looking for someone with a keen attention to detail, excellent IT skills in the use of spreadsheets, MS databases and other MS office applications and who is adept at managing workloads to meet deadlines.
We are an Ofsted Good Grade 2 (February 2017) Independent Specialist College working with post -16 learners with complex needs, operating on a geographically dispersed model with college sites across Eastern England, East and West Midlands. This is a Hybrid working role where you will be based at our offices in Hampton, Peterborough with some remote working.
The work of our Transitions, Referrals and Admissions Team is key to a successful transition for our learners. The successful applicant will play a key role in providing information for our commissioners, external partners, families and the college senior management team. You will be skilled in processing confidential information accurately and efficiently, have an awareness of current GDPR legislation as well as being prepared to learn how to use our corporate and college management information systems effectively. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Essential skills and experience required:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines