- The exceptional way in which we support people to make choices and to get involved.
- How we think about the communication that each person needs.
- How we nurture the support of family networks, friends and relationships through active engagement.
- How kind we are to one another, how our can do attitude gets the job done and how well we keep each other informed.
- The diverse range of skills and experience within our team.
- Our strong presence within our community. We have strong links with local businesses, whom we often invite to our events, our councillors and recently we have been having lunch in our sensory garden with our neighbouring businesses
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive your won car.
- We would like you to have an understanding of the “I” Statements, Sense’s vision, values and purpose.
- Enthusiasm and passion.
- We partake in a wide range of activities that include swimming, walks, art, drumming, beach trips, bus/train trips, and the great outdoors as well as meaningful activities at the base, so we would like someone who thrives on supporting people in a range of activities and who is also willing to look out for new opportunities
- Someone who believes in the person centred planning ethos.
- Someone who is flexible in their approach
- Someone who is imaginative and creative.
- Someone who is willing to challenge.
- For this role you will be working in the community so a full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
Reference number: 46584
Title: Support Worker
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 25 January 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our amazing team at Touchbase Cymru.
We have permanent positions available working 30 hours per week.
Touchbase Wales is Sense Cymru’s first community support base for adults with a multi-sensory impairment or a single-sensory impairment with additional needs. Our support is designed around the choices and well-being outcomes of each individual. We provide meaningful activities that promote the development of life skills, choice, communication, creative expression and support people to establish a sense of worth and enjoyment.
For this role you will be working in the community so a full UK driving licence and use of your own vehicle is an essential requirement for this role.
We are particularly proud of:
In return for your hard work you will receive a wide range of benefits including:
What we need from you......
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines