- To assist the Facilities Manager with the efficient running and maintenance of TouchBase Pears.
- To act as the point of contact for people who use the service including employees, tenants, suppliers, contractors and general public.
- You will be responsible for: being a TouchBase Pears key holder.
- Opening and closing the building in line with safe working procedures on a rota basis, ensuring building safety and security at all times.
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed at all times, identifying, reporting and removing any risks.
- Completing all paperwork within the agreed timescales.
- Carrying out maintenance checks and ensuring records and reporting systems are completed
- Liaising with contractors to oversee any works necessary are completed to a high standard in an efficient and timely manner
- Maintain regular contact with client and building occupants (tenants and staff) by developing effective relationships including response to enquiries and complaints.
- Ensuring all environment and facilities are maintained to a high standard at all times.
- Experience of providing and maintaining high quality administrative procedures
- Experience of providing excellent customer service as part of a front facing team
- Experience of being ‘the responsible person’ for buildings, services and community activities
- Excellent level of IT literacy, including Outlook, word processing, mail-merge and Excel.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Reference number: 46582
Title: Facilities Coordinator
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Salary: £20,848 pro rata
Hours: 15 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 23 January 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 26 January 2022
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity to join our fantastic facilities team as a Facilities Coordinator, based at our purpose built TouchBase Pears Centre in Selly Oak Birmingham.
This is a part time permanent role working 15 hours per week. We are open 6 days per week from 7am – 8pm, so need you to be fully flexible with the option for additional hours.
Your duties will include:
Key skills and experience required:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines