- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- You must hold a full manual UK license and must be willing / able to drive our vehicle.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- This role is based in a CQC regulated Care Home. From 11th November 2021, all people who work in CQC regulated care homes across England must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a legal requirement and proof of vaccination status must be shown if you are offered and accept this role.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46573
Title: Support Worker
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
New Year New Career? Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense released its latest strategy, we now have an opportunities to join us in Ketting. This is a permanent, full time position working 37.5 hours per week. You do not have to have prior experience as we provide full training!
We are looking for flexible and enthusiastic support workers to join our residential service. Candidates must be flexible and willing to work weekends, evenings, and bank holidays as well as being willing to drive a company vehicle.
This role will be supporting individuals with a range of sensory and physical disabilities supporting will all aspects of daily life including personal care as well as providing engaging and meaningful activities at home and in the local community.
We value ourselves on delivering a high-quality person-centred service and we are looking for applicants that are able to share those values, are enthusiastic and able to work on their own initiative.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines