- Keep the needs of the people you are supporting at the centre of your attention at all times;
- Enable the people you support to influence their services and the way they are supported;
- Help Sense to provide a high quality service to meet all peoples needs such as personal care, cleaning,cooking,laundry, activities.
- To uphold dignity and respect at all times.
- To assist service users to access the community with the use of Sense vehicles
- To work well within a team.
- Complete mandatory Sense training
- To have a working knowledge of all policies and procedures within the home.
- To maintain confidentiality on all aspects of care and your work within the home
- Previous care experience of working in a care setting would be an advantage but is not essential
- Ability to support people with mobility problems
- Experience of working in a team and ability to use own initiative
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Flexibility is needed as working times do vary and will include evenings, weekends and sleep-ins; we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
Reference number: 46564
Title: Support Worker
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Hours: 24 - 36 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 30 January 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Do you want to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
If yes, then our Support Worker job vacancies in Accrington may be perfect for you!
About the role
Sense has a great opportunity to join our team as a Support Worker in Accrington. We have permanent roles available working 24 - 36 hours per week. Your hours will consist of 3 x 12 hour shifts, including working every other weekend.
Successful candidates will support six adult individuals who reside in a residential care setting with dual sensory needs and disabilities to promote independence, choice and enhance inclusion in the community.
The main purpose of your role is to support people to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society. You will work within the framework of the Sense I Statements to:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
As of 11th November, all people who work in CQC regulated care homes across England must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a legal requirement and proof of vaccination status must be shown when accepting any role within a care home.
You can access your vaccination status or ‘COVID Pass’ through the NHS App. You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website (NHS.UK) or via 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’) to request a letter.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation