Team Leader - Social Care
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups / teams within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You require a full manual UK license and must be willing/able to drive our vehicles.
- Previous experience as a support worker or team leader in a similar setting – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent Team Leader.
- Experience of conducting supervisions and rota management is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46518
Title: Team Leader - Social Care
Location: Margate, Kent
Salary: £20,514 Per Annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Team Leader?
Are you looking to progress your career, this Team Leader role is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop.
This is a permanent role, working 37.5 hours per week at our CQC outstanding service in Margate, Kent.
Sense support our staff to gain skills and qualifications and experience – such a we take part annually in a Mentoring scheme with 11 other charities, we have a great apprenticeship programme – this is addition to providing all staff with a great induction, and plenty of training. The chance to work in Hastings Ave, is fantastic chance for people to add to their CV for future their,
– Hastings Ave is rated as Outstanding by CQC across all 5 KLOES (Key lines of enquiry) you will be working in our home that belongs to 4 very characterful individuals with very different personalities. We believe first and foremost that this is their home we just happen to work in it, and it should feel homely and comfortable.
You will need to enthusiastic, participate in a wide range activity. Be willing to participate in a wide variety of activities. Have a can do attitude, great problem solver able to coach member of the team. Flexible with regards work as this role involves shift work across the whole year – following a fair rota.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Due to recent changes in government legislation all staff working in a CQC regulated care homes must be fully vaccinated. The regulations will come into force on Thursday 11 November. For those beginning their vaccination journey, they must have their first dose by Thursday 16 September to allow the eight-week gap between doses and ensure they are fully vaccinated by Thursday 11 November.
We will require evidence of vaccination as part of your on-boarding process.
You can access your vaccination status or ‘COVID Pass’ through the NHS App. You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website (NHS.UK) or via 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’) to request a letter.
Social Care / Support Worker / Team Leader / Care and Support / Multi Sensory Impairment /
Margate / Kent /
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation