Deputy Care Manager - FTC
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- You will assist the manager in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You will have a proven track record of motivating and managing others including carrying out supervision meetings
- You will have experience of working with adults with disabilities, monitoring the personalised care provided, reviewing, identifying and resolving issues arising from the 'day to day' operation.
- You will need a can do attitude, to work flexibly and be creative – solution focussed approach
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46505
Title: Deputy Care Manager - FTC
Salary: £24,044 FTE
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Monday 31 January 2022
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Fixed Term
Could you be a Deputy Care Manager?
We require a Deputy Care Manager for a 1 year Fixed Term Contract covering parental leave.
You will work alongside a Registered Care Manager who manages 2 Supported Living Services across 2 separate sites, one in Maidstone and one in Margate, at present we support 5 unique adult individuals with a range of complex needs including Sensory losses and Learning Disabilities, we are currently looking for a flexible and reliable motivated person.
As a frontline hands on Deputy Manager you will need to support the Registered Care Manager in the day to day running of both services. Special attention will be paid to facilitating and monitoring personalised active support and the creation of a continuous learning environment that will seek to maximise the potential of each person we support. You will need a can do attitude, to work flexibly and be creative – solution focussed approach.
You will assist the manager in the running of the services including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance You will have good time management skills and the ability to work set deadlines. You will have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure, and also be expected to work on your own initiative show patience and understanding You will be expected to work and travel at 2 different sites supporting the Manager when on A/Travel expenses included.
Work at Sense can be incredibly rewarding and valuable. You will also receive Sense mandatory training and any specialised that is required for you to fulfil your role. generous leave and access to a pension scheme.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. It involves completing an online application form and taking part in a telephone screening interview. If you are successful, you will be invited to a Face to Face interview.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines