Finance Manager - Sense College
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To take lead responsibility for all ESFA financial compliance in accordance with the ESFA contracts.
- Revision of Direct Payment (DP) fee rates in consultation with college principals
- Provision of Adult Social care fee rates in consultation with college principals and senior / local management teams as appropriate
- Working collaboratively with Sense Central Finance to provide a high quality business partnering service to operational management enabling them to make financial decisions about current and future services, to include monthly reporting to Sense College senior management teams.
- Timely coordination, monitoring and submission of monthly financial information for central payroll, purchase ledger and sales ledger teams
- Member of a processional accountancy body e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Demonstrable understandable of ESFA post -16 funding streams and accounting requirements
- Significant experience of financial management in an organisation with a significant turnover
- Experience of developing and monitoring a large annual budget within a multi-cost centre environment
- Knowledge and experience of business planning processes
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46463
Title: Finance Manager - Sense College
Location: Hybrid working
Salary: £44,737 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 1 February 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
About the role:
Following the growth of Sense College, we now have an opportunity for a talented individual to join the college as Finance Manager. This is a new role and provides an opportunity to influence the future direction and delivery of the finance service for the college, reviewing processes and developing an enhanced way of working and reporting.
Sense College is the overarching name for Sense College East (SCE) comprising of 8 sites and Sense College Loughborough which is based on one site. Each college has its own separate DfE and Ofsted registration. This role will oversee the finance responsibilities for both colleges.
The successful applicant will report to the Executive Principal, be a member of the college senior management team and will work collaboratively with the principals and management teams of both colleges. There will be indirect reporting to Sense Head of Finance.
You will ensure Sense College finance operations operate consistently with Sense central finance policies and regulations and have line management of a small team of finance officers / assistants based at both college sites.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week and will be Home Based within easy travelling distance of Peterborough, Loughborough and Birmingham to enable site visits, potentially bi weekly.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Knowledge and Experience:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Please accompany your CV with a supporting letter in Ariel 12 to be no more than one page long. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines