Support Worker- Fixed Term
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- A full manual UK license the willingness to drive is desirable but not essential.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of vaccination status must be shown unless you are exempt under the regulations.
- Experience of caring for others in a personal or professional setting is desirable.
- If you are appointed, a Care Certificate will need to be completed during induction.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46455
Title: Support Worker- Fixed Term
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham
Salary: £9.22 per hour/ £17,979 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 10 December 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Temporary, Fixed Term
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
Sense has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Support Worker at our service in Kings Norton, Birmingham.
This is a temporary, maternity cover fixed-term contract (FTC) for 6 months, working 37.5 hours per week.
Here at Kings Norton, we have a diverse home with an excellent ambiance, which offers a lovely warm and caring atmosphere and have been awarded a 'Good' rating by the CQC.
We have created strong relationships with the people we support and their families. The individuals we support have complex needs or hearing and sight impairments.
As a support worker, you will support the individuals with personal care needs, eating and drinking and life skills as well as helping them to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation