Relief (Bank) Support Worker
- Free DBS Check
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Health and well-being support
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- A full manual UK license and the willingness to drive is desirable as you will need to be able to travel between services as part of the relief team.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is desirable ( BSL / Makaton etc.) to be able to communicate on a basic level with the individuals we support.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46407
Title: Relief (Bank) Support Worker
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 26 December 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Casual
Could you be a Sense Relief (Bank) Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Relief Support Worker to join our service in Birmingham.
This is a casual Relief Support Worker role, working up to 37.5 hours per week.
Sense offers 24 hours support to individuals, 365 days a year. There will be a variety of shifts on offer including mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays. As a Relief Support Worker you will be able to choose your own shifts.
In Birmingham we have a variety of different services including residential, supported living and day services in the following areas:
As a Relief Support Worker you will have a choice of where and when you want to work, and will have the opportunity to gain a lot of experience by supporting individuals in a variety of different settings where no two days are the same.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
The above/below role is identified as being based in a CQC regulated Care Home.
As of 11th November, all people who work in CQC regulated care homes across England must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a legal requirement and proof of vaccination status must be shown when accepting any role within a care home.
You can access your vaccination status or ‘COVID Pass’ through the NHS App. You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website (NHS.UK) or via 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’) to request a letter.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines