- Week 1: 15th July – 22nd July
- Week 2: 29th July – 5th Aug and 30th July – 6th August
- Week 3: 5th August – 12th Aug
- Week 4: 13th Aug – 20th Aug and 14th Aug – 21st Aug
- Week 5: 19th Aug – 26th Aug and 21st Aug – 28th Aug
- Week 6: 27th Aug – 3rd Sept
- Week 7: 30th Sept – 7th October
- Kidderminster, Shropshire
- Skipton, North Yorkshire
- Cirencester, Gloustershire
- Kendal, Lake District
- Mersea Island, Essex
- Rosliston, Derbyshire
- Louth, Lincolnshire
- Free DBS Check
- Your pay will be £1018.60 for the 7 night residential holiday, Training days and the Feedback day. In addition to this, we will cover your travel expenses to the location/s for the residential holiday and also the Training weekend.
- Free face to face training
- Health and well-being support
- Preparation and planning before the holiday including liaison with families, carers and holiday volunteers
- Day-to-day management of the holiday
- Reviewing and evaluating the holiday after it has finished
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Availability to attend Leader Training weekend: 9-10 April 2022, Milton Keynes is essential.
- Availability to travel to and lead a 7-night residential holiday in England or Wales between July and October 2022 is essential. Expenses for travel will be covered.
- Commitment to complete any additional training as required for your holiday is essential. Depending on training needs, this may be online or face to face.
- Experience working with, supporting, or caring for children, young people, or adults with complex disabilities or other needs is essential.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46395
Title: Holiday Leader
Hours: 1 week Residential Holiday + Training & Planning
Closing date: Wednesday 15 December 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Temporary, Casual
About the role
Sense is looking for people who have experience and knowledge of supporting and leading groups of people to create safe, engaging and fun holiday experiences for those with deafblindness and complex disabilities.
Leading a unique Sense Holiday is a deeply rewarding and life enriching experience and a fantastic opportunity to expand your skillset and experience in working with varied groups. This is an excellent development opportunity for aspiring leaders and managers.
As a Holiday Leader, you will be leading, supporting, and motivating a team of volunteers so that every holidaymaker receives the person-centred care and support they need to have a fantastic holiday which is built around them as individuals.
You will have overall responsibility for the group’s wellbeing and for maximising the holiday experience for all its participants.
You’ll join a diverse team and network of passionate leaders devoted to enabling individuals to get the most from their holiday. Sense will give you a high level of individual support via phone and email, face-to -face training, and support at our weekend preparation events, and you’ll benefit from creative, innovative and practical ideas from the experience of your peers.
The holidays are running on the following dates in 2022 (you will need to be available for at least 1 whole period):
The holidays will be running at the following locations:
Being a Holiday Leader will give you a range of benefits, including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Who are we
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Our short Sense Holidays video shows just some of our fantastic holidaymakers, volunteers and leaders in action.
Scott, who led his first Holiday in 2019, said “You will be proud of yourself if you do it! It’ll be an exhausting but incredible week - a chance to give holidaymakers a week of adventure they might not otherwise have access to and to offer parents and families a well-earned break.”
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are shortlisted, the hiring manager will be making their initial contacting with you via a telephone call within 7 days of the application.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation