- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we will provide you with a bespoke training package to enable you to become an excellent Intervenor.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46384
Title: Adult Intervenor
Location: Coalpit Heath, Bristol
Salary: £10.21 per hour
Hours: 10 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 30 November 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Intervenor?
What is an Intervenor?
An intervenor provides one-to-one support to children and young adults who have been born with sight and hearing impairments (congenital deafblindness), often with additional needs. The intervenor helps the individual to experience and join in the world around them as much as possible. They promote their personal and social development, encourage independence and support their communication.
This is a permanent role, working 10 hours per week. Monday – Friday 6.45am – 8.45am supporting a young adult with x-linked Hydrocephalus with their morning routine and will be based at their home in Coalpit health, Bristol.
Activities will be hoisting the young adult to get out bed, supporting with personal care and breakfast routine.
We are looking for people to join our team of adaptable and motivated staff. They must have great communication skills and should want to help make a difference to the lives of the people we support.
A job share arrangement or changes to the hours could therefore be considered in order to meet the needs of the people we support and the successful candidate. Part time hours are available in term time with additional hours offered in school holidays and as relief.
Experience is not necessarily required as specialist training will be provided.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines