Registered Care Manager - Supported Living
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- You will manage the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You will have a proven track record of motivating and managing others including carrying out supervision meetings
- Experience of supported living CQC registration
- Experience or knowledge of working within the Reach standards
- At least 2 years’ experience is desireable
- You will need to be able to travel to our office in Exeter occasionally
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46362
Title: Registered Care Manager - Supported Living
Salary: From £30,436
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 30 November 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Registered Care Manager?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Registered Care Manager to join our brand new service in Dover.
This is a permanent post, working 37.5 hours per week. Mostly comprised of office hours, with occasional evening/weekend if required.
We are a brand new supported living service in Dover, we can support 8 adults who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities. This service is recently opened and has a small number of young people with learning disabilities living in their own first home. The flats are spacious, and the staff have a sleep in room on site for overnight “in case” of need of the people who may need some support.
This is really fantastic time to join Sense Dover – as we move forward with an ambitious plan to bring about major changes for the young people living in their own home for the first time. –newly acquired site. Each person has a tenancy from the landlord of the property. Sense provide the care and support and assist people in managing their home being a good tenant reporting faults /repairs.
People we support enjoy a wide variety of opportunities –such as paid work and work like experiences, learning opportunities, swimming, dancing, drama and art. We encourage those we support to enjoy as much as possible to gain life skills and live full and active lives.
We want someone who is creative, energetic, solution focused and want to make a difference to the lives of the people we support. The person needs to be an inspiring leader who can build a great team and lead /manage change. Able to use IT with confidence.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation