Female Support Worker (Part Time)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the home, centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is beneficial but not essential ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46352
Title: Female Support Worker (Part Time)
Location: West Bromwich, Birmingham
Salary: £9.22 per hour/ £17,979 FTE
Hours: 15 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 10 December 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
Sense are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join as a Support Worker at our service in West Bromwich.
This is a permanent role, working 15 hours per week. The shift patterns at this service are as follows: 7am-2.30pm, 2pm-9.30pm and 10am-5.30pm
You will join a fantastic team here at our home which CQC rated as 'Good', where you will be supporting two individuals who have learning disabilities with a range of health conditions.
As a Support Worker, you will support the individuals in the house with personal care needs and make sure they have healthy and active lifestyles. We also help them to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Both individuals do not communicate verbally and will at times be communicative through challenging behaviour.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
To apply section:
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
As of 11th November, all people who work in CQC regulated care homes across England must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a legal requirement and proof of vaccination status must be shown when accepting any role within a care home.
You can access your vaccination status or ‘COVID Pass’ through the NHS App. You need to be registered with a GP in England to use the NHS App. If you’re not registered with a GP, you can still access the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS website (NHS.UK) or via 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’) to request a letter.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation