Children's Community Support Worker - Weekends
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Day to day activities led by the needs and aspirations of the people / person you'll be supporting.
- Community Access.
- Enabling an independent lifestyle.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Caring/Support Worker experience in a personal / voluntary / professional capacity.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to meet the needs of those you are working with. Where necessary develop new skills to enable communication through sign and symbols.
- Experience of working independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing and able to accompany/participate in leisure activities of the person’s choice.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46350
Title: Children's Community Support Worker - Weekends
Salary: £9.22 per hour/ £17,979 FTE
Hours: 4-9 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 30 November 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received
Contract type: Casual, Fixed Term
Could you be a Get Out There Group Children's Community Support Worker?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for Community Support Workers to join us at our new Get Out There (GOT) Group at Loughborough college.
This is a part time role, 4 hours per week on Saturday mornings and 9 hours, 3 days a week during the school holidays, on a 3 year fixed term contract there is a potential for this to become a permanent placement.
As a Children's Community Support Worker, you will work at our Get Out There group at Loughborough college. We provide support for children who have a range of complex needs, including sensory loses and learning disabilities.
Please read the attached one page profile to really understand the great work that we do and how you can become a part of it.
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation