Support Worker - Sense College
Reference number: 46339
Title: Support Worker - Sense College
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 26 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 5 December 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense has a great opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Support Worker based at our Sense College in Peterborough. We have a permanent, part time position available working 26 hours per week. 21 hours as a Support Worker and 5 hours as a driver/escort.
Sense College Peterborough is an independent specialist college that gives education and skills needed to achieve your independent living, education and employment goals. Sense College offers personalised learning for young people with complex disabilities, aged between 16 and 25.
• As a Support Worker you will support and enable people to live the life they choose
• You will support individuals and encourage them to make choices, to express themselves and to develop independent living and life skills
• Supporting people on trips to locations such as swimming pools, parks and shopping centres
In return we will offer you…
• £9.22 per hour
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• An awareness of multi-sensory and complex needs
• Able to demonstrate that you possess the right values and behaviours to enable you to make a difference to people’s lives
• Flexibility, as working times do vary and may include weekends and evenings, we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly
**A full UK Drivers Licence is an essential requirement**
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation