Community Support Worker
- We would like to hear from you if you have experience of working with vulnerable people, and ideally have experience of working with people with a sensory impairment.
- A willingness to develop your skills in all communication methods is an essential part of this role. You will need to be able to creatively solve problems that may arise using a person-centred approach and ideally have experience of using person-centred planning tools
- The ability to use BSL is an essential part of the role.
- This role does not include any personal care.
- A full UK driving licence is an essential requirement for this role.
- You must be able to work flexible hours to suit the service requirements and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
Reference number: 46337
Title: Community Support Worker
Location: Bridgend - Wales
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 16 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 28 November 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Casual
About the role
Sense are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our professional team as a Community Support Worker (Communicator Guide) in Bridgend, Wales. This is a casual role working up to 16 hours per week in a community setting. The service will run from 3.30pm - 8.30pm each weekday and on weekends 9.30am – 3.00pm and 3.00pm - 8.30pm
This is an extremely rewarding position in a well-established area, working mainly with clients with age related sensory impairment as well as clients within the Deaf community. The role can include assisting clients with shopping, assisting with correspondence as well as accompanying clients within the community to attend social events. Often multi-sensory impairments are an isolation disability and 'chatting' with a client can make a huge difference to an individual’s mental health and wellbeing.
The lady we support is very social and loves to people watch. BSL user, loves crafts and having food out. She is very determined and likes to be independent; routine and knowing what is happening is important to her.
Please see attached likes and dislikes information.
** Please view the additional document attached to the advert for further information **
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the recruitment team on email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation