Female Support Worker
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- A full UK driving licence is beneficial to aid with days out/trips etc.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46316
Title: Female Support Worker
Location: Margate, Kent
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 30 November 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our service in Margate Kent.
This is a permanent post, working 37.5 hours per week. .
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. The people we support are individuals and they are all treated as such. As a general guide, you may support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
You will be supporting 2 individuals in their home. This includes supporting with everyday living, cooking, cleaning, personal care, finances, medication, working, shopping and trips out.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation