Team Leader - Sense Centre
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Support the Day Service Manager and Deputy Managers in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- You will assist the managers in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team
- Full job specification is attached below.
- Previous experience as a support worker or team leader in a similar setting.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46306
Title: Team Leader - Sense Centre
Location: Leeds & Wakefield
Salary: £19,903 per annum pro rata
Hours: 30 to 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 28 November 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Team Leader?
It's an exiting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Team Leader to work at our Sense Centre Leeds & Wakefield.
This is a permanent opportunity working 30 to 37.5 hours per week; therefore please let us know what hours suit you best.
To support the team to deliver a quality and imaginative service to adults within the centre and in the local community. To support the team to deliver children’s weekend term time short break services and holiday play schemes. To support individuals to access the community from their homes as and when required
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation