Deputy Care Manager
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holiday entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- You will assist the manager in the running of the service including rota, supervising, mentoring and leading the team to ensure that all shared responsibilities are fulfilled and systems maintained which guarantee compliance.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You will have a proven track record of motivating and managing others including carrying out supervision meetings
- You will have experience of working with adults with disabilities, monitoring the personalised care provided, reviewing, identifying and resolving issues arising from the 'day to day' operation.
- You will need a can do attitude, to work flexibly and be creative – solution focussed approach
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46294
Title: Deputy Care Manager
Salary: £22,535 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 28 November 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Deputy Care Manager?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Deputy Care Manager to join our Supported Living Service in Stockport. We need a deputy manager who is professional, energetic and most importantly caring and passionate about the role. Someone who can manage a staff team and support the manager. Someone who can work independently and use their initiative.
This is a permanent post, working 37.5 hours per week.
As a frontline hands on Deputy Manager you will need to support the Registered Care Manager in the day to day running of a responsive innovative and high quality service. Special attention will be paid to facilitating and monitoring personalised active support and the creation of a continuous learning environment that will seek to maximise the potential of each person we support.
You will be supporting individuals to grow with independence. This includes regular sleep in shifts, supporting with everyday living, cooking, cleaning, personal care, finances, medication, working, shopping, trips out, going to pubs and night clubs.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines