Registered Care Manager (RCM)
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- Providing line management support to a team of staff.
- Identify needs and outcomes for each individual we support.
- Deliver services that meet or exceed Sense’s legal and organisational standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You must be willing to work towards a Level Five Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), or be working towards an accredited award.
- You will need to have had proven experience of supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation, as well as experience of managing misconduct, grievance and performance issues..
- Experience of both supported living and residential CQC registration
- Experience or knowledge of working within the Reach standards
- Ability to use IT software packages
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46221
Title: Registered Care Manager (RCM)
Location: Ottery St Mary
Salary: £33263 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 30 November 2021
Interview date: As suitable applications are received.
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be our new Registered Care Manager (RCM)?
Its an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we are expanding and now have an opportunity for a Registered Care Manager (RCM) to join our service in Ottery St Mary.
Sense Otterhayes is a cluster of 4 supported living services and one residential care home (for 5 people). Where we support people with learning disabilities and/or ASC who may have complex needs.
This is really fantastic time to join Sense Otterhayes. As we move forward with an ambitious plan to bring about major changes, we want to modernise this newly acquired service.
People we support enjoy a wide variety of opportunities – such as swimming, dancing, drama and art. We encourage those we support to enjoy as much as possible to gain life skills and live full and active lives.
We have access to a poly tunnel for people to grow their own fruit and vegetable. There is an art room and a small studio. Some of the people we support are wanting to find work, however the covid restrictions prevented this for many and for some their work placements broke down.
We want someone who is creative, energetic, solution focused and want to make a difference to the lives of the people we support. The person needs to be an inspiring leader who can build a great team and lead /manage change
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines
Additional documentation: Download the additional documentation