- Experience of working within property / estates management or similar and / or experience of providing administrative support in a busy office environment.
- Experience of using a range of IT applications including Word, Excel and Exchange and the ability to upload and retrieve information from databases.
- Experience of providing a customer focused service
- Good communication skills in order to liaise effectively with staff at all levels, contractors and representatives of external organisations.
- Good organisational skills in order to manage workloads and ensure deadlines are met.
- Good numerical skills in order to process invoices and manage financial data.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- General awareness of the work of Sense Charity.
- Awareness of the importance of Equalities and Health & Safety policies.
- Awareness of the importance of Data Protection and practical ways of ensuring the security of confidential information.
Reference number: 46200
Title: Estates Administrator
Salary: £20,441 (Inc London weighting)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Tuesday 26 October 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Estates team as a Estates Administrator, based in Crayford. This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Your role will be to provide support and administrative duties to the Estates Team and provide administrative support to the Sense Property Portfolio in terms of managing and maintaining a repairs help desk / line and administration / maintenance of the Estates database / management software suite for all compliance and property related matters.
This is a really exciting time to join Sense as we have just released our new strategy and we are expanding in all areas of the UK.
Key skills and experience required:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines