Reference number: 46048
Salary: £17,663 per annum
Hours: 37.5hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 29 September 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Sense has a great opportunity to join our team as an Administrator based at our Centre in Rotherham. This is a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week.
About the role…
• As an administrator you will provide administrative support under the direction of the Head of Operations
• Maintain and develop computerised and manual record systems within the hub which support the Head of Operations and the Senior Managers
• Receive and deal with initial telephone enquiries / conversations and visitors from internal colleagues and external professionals, deafblind people and their families in a sympathetic and competent manner
In return we will offer you…
• £17,663 per annum
• Bespoke, rewarding career pathways
• The opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in a supportive and flexible environment
• Group Personal Pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• Enhanced disclosure cost covered
• A good standard of numeracy and literacy
• Excellent communication skills in person and over the telephone
• Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook to intermediate level
• Evidence of being able to work effectively with budgets
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the link below to complete your application.
Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, please contact the recruitment team on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work.
As we say in our Equality and Diversity pledge, we want to ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential with us. So, if you have a disability which prevents you from driving but you are interested in a role where our advert says driving is required, please get in touch with us to discuss your application. We encourage you to apply for the role and we will try to make any adjustments to the role that may be possible.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines