Resident Visual Artist
- Deliver and manage a range of face to face and digital workshops and public events across the organisation.
- Train, mentor and nurture disabled and non-disabled artists, social care professionals, and art-makers.
- Work with organisations and venues to create opportunities that are engaging, relevant and more accessible for people with complex disabilities.
- Champion the work of Sense Arts at every opportunity.
- A degree or equivalent in visual art practice, management, or teaching.
- Considerable experience of organising and leading an inclusive programme of events and workshops.
- An understanding and commitment to make sure all aspects of the programme are high quality and disability led.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as required.
Reference number: 46020
Title: Resident Visual Artist
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham
Salary: Circa £26,600 per annum pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, part time
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Arts and Wellbeing team as a Resident Visual Artist, based at our centre TouchBase Pears in Selly Oak, Birmingham. This is a part time role working 22.5 hours per week.
The Resident Visual Artist will be responsible for shaping and delivering a high quality and inclusive visual arts programme across Sense, that puts disabled-led artistic excellence at the centre of our practice and engages the wider community. You will:
Our Visual Arts Programme combines personalised studio practice, with a mix of group sessions and one-to-one workshops. Artists and art-makers share experiences and learn from each other in a two-way exchange – sharing ideas and ways to access art making.
Key skills and experience:
For a full Job Description and Person Specification please see the attached documents below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
Sense is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its work. We want to ensure that the diversity of our workforce is reflective of the people we support and the communities we serve. We encourage applications of those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds as well as women, trans and non-binary people, and those with different accessibility needs. All offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you require an application in another format, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines