Support Worker - Sense College
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- Team members who support learners with core funded educational needs will also carry out the following education related responsibilities under the guidance of senior education colleagues.
- Maintaining a Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Representing the college at external professional development events for Support Workers.
- Contributing to Individual Learning Plans/ targets and monitoring progress of these.
- Playing a key role in ongoing assessment of learners
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field– we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- You must have minimum English and Maths Level 2 (GCSE C or grade5)
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Reference number: 46017
Title: Support Worker - Sense College
Salary: £9.22 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: Sunday 19 September 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Contract type: Permanent
Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our Sense College in Dereham.
This is a permanent role, working 35 hours per week. Our college is open Monday to Friday 9.15am to 4.15pm, 45 weeks of the year; therefore your salary will be pro-rata to reflect this.
We are looking for a motivated person to join our Sense College team delivering specialist programmes to young adults. The successful applicant will work with young people who have dual or single sensory impairment, learning disability, and associated physical disabilities.
You may also support with personal care needs, as well as help to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
Your duties can include:
Your required skills and experiences:
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your supporting statement to shortlist candidates for interview; in relation to the Personal Specification. Therefore, it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
If you require any further assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
Job description: Download the job description
Candidate guidelines: Download the candidate guidelines